For decades I’ve been a list maker, I have a list of lists on my reminder app and some list items have subcategories. Nerdy I know. It’s an attempt to organise and prioritise jobs, to see progress (sometimes) or to just add other things to the bottom that have already been done to cross em orf and feel empowered.
Maybe this is an indication that I am starting to nest in my new abode. I have a list of things I’d like to get ‘sorted’, not quite sure how yet.
- Sort tall cupboard contents
- Hang pictures
- Reorganise wardrobe & cupboard contents
- Source wall mounted tv, and get dvd player
- Weed and organise desk drawers
Until I can get help with those, I have been at my desk 😱 (I know, shocking). Desk work in general has been very neglected over the past couple of years for numerous reasons and general procrastination tendencies.
Before moving house, loads of my cds were uploaded to the iMac as I use the natty Remote App to play music, and I have dropped hundreds of images, photos, vids and graphics that need cataloguing. Before any of that can start I had to wrangle the updates and the Apple TimeMachine back up. It (iMac) initially protested, I informed it of its birth and parentage, threatened it with the metaphoric trusted rusty chisel up the USB, then I left it to stew in the corner. It did at it was supposed to, like the petulant toddler it is, so now I can move onto getting stuff done (allegedly).
So over the next few weekends I plan to, although with the decreased dexterity in my right hand/wrist/arm/shoulder I may need to invest in a track pad. Still the “Mac List” is something like
- Roughly sort photos into four categories (graphics/cats/fam/others) before closer cataloguing and naming
- Add album art to albums added to music catalogue (aesthetic & easy search reasons)
- Consider additional iTunes backup method (in excess of 20 gbs)
- Ensure backups of website coded pages are up to date versions
- List website housework and new page needs
But before any of that I really must get on with crocheting the gear stick knob hat (don’t ask, well you can, but I have weird friends).