I have a distant relationship with my mobile, often it is in the draw needing to be charged to get the code to log into some secure online account or whatever. I might top it up once a year or eighteen months, you see if people need me they call my landline, email or message me via t’internet. I think I’ve just heard the whole teenage generation faint nthe surprise.
An on-going situation requires me to keep the thing handy. I had made my coffee, shuffled back to the sofa and sat ready to tackle a to-do or two ….. where’s my phone …..
- Is it hiding under the tv magazine …. No
- Is it caught up with my crochet …. No
- Did it slide off the side table …. No
- Did it slip between the cushions …. No
- Has it fallen into the wool bag beside the table …. No
- Did I leave it on my desk …. No
- Did I leave it by the bed or on the pillow …………..
As I was resigning to having to get up and go look I felt something move.
It was in my bra, it had been snuggled in there all warm for the past few hours since I’d got dressed in the morning.