- Research and write the new article
- Upgrade video player (current one doesn’t handle mobile devices)
- Rework each video file/page
- Upload everything to the server and publish
- Update back-up drives 1 and 2 (I’m not loosing all that hard work)
1. The new article is written but it needs putting into an HTML format and a couple of things are needed from third parties before publishing – not done yet.
2. Website video – with the introduction of html5 a new coding method can be used, but it needs the videos to be in three different formats and uploaded to the server, time consuming – each video has been converted into the three types, I am currently still uploading, one set at a time.
3. Video pages – in order not to get lost as not everything can be done at one go at the desk, I update the pages as the trio of files are uploaded. So the review pages additions are done, the YouTube embedded ones are done, a couple of short interview segments are done, just the longer interview videos needs to be done…… so almost but not quite.
4. Uploading is done gradually as each page/video is completed…. so on-going.
5. This plan was expanded as there was an operating system upgrade, so total system back up, download and install OS upgrade, then after satisfied everything is as it should be another total system back up. Now just need to do the secondary specific files back up (hey better to have two back ups, just in case, mild paranoia is sometimes wise).
HOWEVER :: I did finish a cat blanket and am halfway through a second.
Harnessing and fanning motivation is still an incredibly difficult thing, I ‘need’ to spend more time at my desk, I ‘need’ to not be disheartened by the faff of shuffling on the chair from desk to sofa and focus more on the enjoyment/accomplishment/occupation of being at my desk. When every single element of everything I try and do involves an ever growing degree of struggle, and having to juggle how much time spent on job ‘A’ before impacting on necessary job ‘B’, it’s so much easier just to roll over and snuggle under the duvet where I’m pain free, struggle free, discomfort free and toasty warm.
Could do better, my dear, procrastinating isn’t going to motivate the mentals or bring satisfaction.