- Drinking unpasteurised milk
- Grazing my knees, elbows, hands and just wiping off the dirt
- Banging my head as I took numerous tumbles
- Drinking from the garden hose
- Nibbling lead painted pencils
- Bicycling without helmet and pads
- Breathing leaded petrol fumes
- Not wearing a seatbelt (or using a booster seat)
- Eating beef during the BSE crisis
- Eating eggs during the salmonella crisis
- Eating chicken during the ecoli crisis
- Being scratched by animals, brambles and the odd rusty nail
- And a few other oddities now frowned upon
I am beginning to wonder if life is trying to bump me off or whether I have a death wish, or am a stubborn resilient madam. The later seems the stronger contender.
The picture is of Terry Pratchett’s Discworld character Granny Weatherwax, one of the witches, a favourite of mine.