Well I say done ….. But ….. Not almost quite. I’m going to sew his head on firmer, it’s a bit wobbly and I think that is what is unbalancing him, because before attaching the head the body would stand alone.
Anyway, he be done. Like with all my projects I am a little non-pulsed with him, a little negative. My excitement comes with the start (that was quickly stubbed out with this pattern) and at the completion. As soon as it is finished I loose any sense of joy or accomplishment.
Curiously my favourite bit cannot be seen. At the base of the body and three quarters of the way up the tail is 12-gauge wire and at the wire end in the tail I pondered how to cover and cushion it to prevent poking tenders bits. I thought my solution was rather have ingenious. I cut a cotton bud q-tip and with some elbow grease skewered it to the end, making it rigid but not dangerous. Simples!
The instructions were somewhat vague when you would have like additional clarification. When it came to attaching the legs, arms and head the words of wisdom were “attach to the body”, wow, detailed!
Still he is done, he is cute if a little flawed.
What next ….. I can continue with my triangular shawl for now until I find something else to grab my creative juices.