Some how since returning from bonnier climes I cannot seem to gel back into the routines of every day. The chores routine, the clothing laundry routine, the eating routine nor the projects, activity, occupation routine to fill the empty hours. I say empty, but that is not the truth, I could fill a day twice over if only I was as able as I was 5/10 years ago. After getting up, obluted and dressed the first coffee of the day is spent at the keys, dealing with emails, checking forums and social media and of course getting distracted and meandering through a tangent. After lunch I am trying to get in the habit of doing some crochet but my arms can only manage about an hour before the ache and strain becomes too much, adding numerous rest periods I have stretched this to two hours. This still leaves many hours when the body does not have the strength to get on and ‘do’ things.
So …. with the aid of the reminder app clouded together on the iPad and iMac, I have been working a list or two of things that need attention. Lists some how seem to work, even though there are no real set deadline to most things.
- Switch telephone/internet provider – TalkTalk keep calling to persuade me to take up their amazing limited time only for super grade customers offers, bah, I am already with them to time to combine, seriously considering the sky phone/internet package [cannot have tv].
- Switch bank account – We get complacent with these things, I could and should make my limited funds work harder, it is just a matter of getting on and doing it.
- Review mobile phone – time to change plans, I hardly use the thing and frequently it is off so long it even forgets the date and time. Since upgrading to Apple devices the family tend to use iMessage [its free too]
- Review subscriptions – there are one or two sites I subscribe to, but am I really getting/using my monies worth anymore. Time to get tough with my self.
- Bedroom – this is a Jan/Feb/Mar job, I need to get rid of at least the contents of one of the three bookcases, some items could be sold, some items sent to charity shop, some items stored elsewhere in the house, and some items junked to the black or green bins – just need the impetus to get on with it.
Jobs become so very more complicated when you are forced to rely on the help of others, in a house with no ‘spare room’ where works-in-progress can be stored before disposing.
Also, I seem to be developing something of a social diary!! Over the next six months I have four theatre trips, each of which include a restaurant trip [first is tonight, Bella Italia and Puttin On The Ritz], a 2p Arcade session, a visit to the Tower Of London, a City Christmas shop trip … as well as two conference calls!!
Now, please excuse, one needs to go beautify one self before jaunting off to some sophistication.