I know I was going to work on my list and report back by the end of the month, but my calendar is filling up a bit between now and the end of the month so I am reporting back to you all now. You do know, dear readers, that you are my judge, jury and executioner, right? Also my devils advocate, Excuses Department, Chuckle Muscle Exercisors and all round morale boosters.
So lets take a look at the list, it only had five items on it [start small, make greater progress that way]
- Start Wikipage edit – not even started 😦
- Work on broomstick scarf – Down to single figures of rows left 🙂
- Work on papillion scarf – Done it 😀
- Upload last of TP tapes – Oops
- Get back on top of chores routine – 50/50
Hmm, maybe not the best of starts but well it is a start. I have an ongoing issue with self motivation. Unless the task at hand has a purpose for someone else [like the gift] then what is there to stop the manyana attitude taking over the brain? Unless it is something someone else is going to notice and comment on it not being done [like a cleaning chore] then what is there to stop laziness engaging with procrastination? What difference does it make to anyones day whether I arise at 9 am or noon? The thing is, I don’t like being that way, so how to make changes and how to have the inner energy and strength and determination to succeed.
By making small lists, and not seeing a set back and out and out failure but just thats days downfall. Oh that it was that easy to take my own advice, lol.
Right then – list to get sorted by the end of April.
- Sort through clothes [chuck, charity or carboot]
- Start wiki page edits [first two sections]
- Upload TP Tapes
- Listen to music at minimum every other day
- Blog once or twice a week
- Maintain Chores regime
- Redo web page front animated gif
- Finish Broomstick Scarf
- Finish yellow neck warmer
Thats enough! There is a mix in there of what can easily be done, and some procrastinated jobs and some habit changing. time will tell and right now it is telling me lunch time 😛