I really only have myself to blame, my procrastination and lack of motivation all self inflicted has brought about the result and it is just going to take some boot strap pulling, arse kicking and will power testing to rectify the situation.
Here we are, already into February and the things that would usually have been done by now, the things that need to be done by now have lagged and lapsed and languished lazily upon the ‘to-do’ list that sits on the desk looking all innocent.
So here we go – by the end of this month of February I WILL have …
- organised the Residents AGM
- prepared the end of year accounts
- filed the tree work order with the local council
- organised reminders regarding quotes for work to be done
- completed the broom stick scarf
- inventoried the wool I have left
- begun second project, most likely doggy coat
- listed ‘needs’ on family tree research
- drafted letter to Aunt and Uncle
- proofed and printed profiles
- sourced two shoe boxes to keep stuff in
- begun edit on movie files
- backed up files properly
- gotten info re iMac OS upgrade
- finished reading The Fry Chronicles
- watched borrowed 3-dvd set [Senna – TT Closer to the edge – Fastest]
- blogged about them too
I know my regular readers will be thinking that I am such a busy person and marvellous with all that I do and thank you for that, but as the school report often said “Could do better”. Earlier this week I have had the same convo with two people; when there is nothing to anchor your day around, you drift about aimlessly. My Sister has her husband and part time work, my friend has her full time job [and a hubby] but I have nothing that tags my day. I can [and have] lazed in bed until noon, mooch about til supper time and collapse back again never bothering to get dressed [oww-err and I sleep in the all-together-now’s too], there is no hubby that would like breakfast, there is no job I need to get ready for, no happening that requires me to be prepared. When i first stopped work this was a luxury that was luxuriated in and blissfully welcome it was too, but after eight year, you feel bored, bothered and self….deprecating.
So in an attempt to slay a few with a single stone, the list has been published, which will add to my need to get things done because I have told someone i am going to get them done, it will also give me something to come back here and boringly blog about an by the end of the month, will be done and crossed off the list.
That is the plan ….. so come on Sod, Murphy, Fate and all you other umbuggerances, do your annoying worst to make a liar out of me